Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Small Things

It's been kind of rainy here in Marquette for the past couple of days -- with more rain in the forecast for tomorrow. I don't mind the rain, but walking to class in it isn't my cup of tea. Personally, I'd rather have it snow -- but we'll be having a surplus of that in only a few short weeks. Anyhow, I digress. Yesterday -- before it started to drizzle -- I biked downtown to get some fresh air and take a few photographs along the way. I saw some pretty cool houses, but I'll wait to post any photos here until I've got a substantial series going. The sky being quite overcast, yesterday was good for photographing architectural details.

Art Deco

One of the few art deco buildings in Marquette

Harlow Block Detail

The Harlow Block, which has some great detail

Landmark Inn

Small details on the Landmark Inn

Former Nordic Theatre

Interesting window treatments on the former Nordic Theatre, now Book World

Red Window Frame, Red Sandstone

A red window frame set in red sandstone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.